Amazon Partner

Thursday 19 November 2009

ORA-27154: post/wait create failed / +ASM1 instance startup failed

+ASM1 instance startup failed :

SQL> startup nomount;
ORA-27154: post/wait create failed
ORA-27300: OS system dependent operation:semget failed with status: 28
ORA-27301: OS failure message: No space left on device
ORA-27302: failure occurred at: sskgpsemsper


Cause of the problem
The error may mislead you. Though it indicates No space left on device but whenever I issue df -h on my OS there is enough space. The problem happened because of short of semaphores setting in the OS.


Solution:

add the following line in /etc/sysctl.conf
kernel.sem = 256 32768 100 228

5 comments:

  1. You are my hero! This was the solution for my problem, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the legend. It solved this problem eventually after my week's googling. Thank heaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are my hero!! I've was searching for this a long time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a million mate ... :-)

    ReplyDelete